Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good shoes!

Someone told me before that a good shoes will take you to a good place.  Guess what?  It really does.  Yesterday, I had an interview.  I was wearing the shoes that I bought from cutesygirl.  It was the open toe stiletto.  I am so thankful that the shoes was comfy.  I was already nervous and therefore didn't need anymore discomfort.  The shoe made me feel good about my appearance and it gave me enough confidence.

But anyway, let me tell you what happened during the interview and how I aced it.  I got there 30 minutes before the appointed time which was a good thing because I had time to calm myself down.  When I went inside the building, the lady at the counter told me to wait and that she will inform the manager of my presence.  When the manager went out of the office to look for me, he was wearing a hair net.  He saw me and we greeted each other.  While we were on our way to his office, to my surprise, he gave me a hair net.  At first, I thought it was weird but I did put it on even though I knew it would mess up my hair.

Then we entered his office with hair nets on.  Oh boy, there were 3 more people waiting for us.  It was a panel interview!  And I was wearing a hair net!  We shook our hands and introduced ourselves to each other and we sat down.  Finally, the director of that department told me that I can take off the hair net :)

Then the question and answer began.  If you have been to an interview before, you should know the most basic question that they are going to ask you.  "Tell us something about yourself."

So, I told them about my work history, why I live here now, and from there, they had some follow up questions. Let me tell you what, this interview was one of the most relaxed and casual interviews that I have ever had.  It was like we were just having a normal conversation and that there was no right or wrong answer, and no pressure at all.  And then at the end, they were even asking questions not related to the job but it was okay.  I figured since I will be working for them in the near future, why not tell them more about me?

And you know, interview is a two-way process, they asks you a bunch of questions, and you should too, so I asked them about turnovers, how long have they been working there, if they are happy, if there is an opportunity to grow, etc.

Finally, when all the questions have been asked and answered, they told me that they are going make a decision and will let me know in the next 24 hours.  Right there and then, I already knew that I got the job.  You see, during an interview, you should not be scared or nervous.  You will get a better chance of getting hired if you are calm and confident.

Today, at exactly 1:34 pm, they called me and offered me the job :)  A good shoes will not only take you to a good place, it can also bring you some luck :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment